Finally, we have made it and published our first Release Candidate. This one is just for testing purposes. Read the full news here. Please download an ISO and help us testing this newest Release. Any Feedback is welcome 😉
Today we finally made a huge step toward a first RC. All packages in our server-core repository are now moved from testing towards their final place in server-core 🙂
Next step will be to create an ISO and the to make some VBox images. Lets see when we get this done.
After quite some time we have finally an Install-Iso finished. The problems with all previous isos where not so obvious. Arch Linux switched from grub to ISOLINUX and this caused us (and all others) quite some trouble. After all these changes, this is now corrected and our iso is working as well. Thanks for all the work to the AL team.
Today the Archserver.org project released the „new“ LTS kernel of the 2.6.32 series. The kernel as well as the whole core (e.g. binutils, gcc, etc) are already uploaded for x86_64. The i686 packages will be updated soon as well.
ArchServer is making good progress, and we have now released the first version of VirtualBox Images.
If you are interested and/or would like to participate, please navigate to ArchServer.org.
The ArchServer project has had some interesting discussions going on over the last couple of days. It is decided now, that the repositories are all named pretty much like the ones from Arch Linux, just with a „server-„-prefix. The repositories are limited to server-core, server-extra, server-testing and server-community. We are not splitting it up, like originally planned into e.g. webapps or lamp. This is done using the group-feature of the PKGBUILD.
You can look up the decision on the ArchServer Forum.
So, you are reading this, now why don’t you participate in the ArchServer effort?
I have now shifted all my efforts into this project. Even though the ArchLinux Development Stack is not forgotten, in that all packages are still kept up to date. Furthermore the first VirtualBox Image is still to come, even though a little later then expected, due to the effort I am putting in to the ArchServer project.
So, come and join us, you are more then welcome.
Today I published the fluxbb Theme for the ArchServer.org website.
I am still working on the ArchLinux Development Stack. Yesterday I published a new version of the Hudson Package to the AUR. Unfortunately I did not make any progress with the ISO of the ArchLinux Development Stack.
Instead I joined forces with the guys from archserver.org, which is a perfect fit for us, since we can then provide our stack on a more stable Server System.
I forgot to tell, that I am already a Trusted User of the ArchServer Community. Please refer to the Team page of the project.
So, stay tuned for more information about our DevStack and ArchServer.
Yesterday, we build our first package exclusivly for ArchServer.org. It is the gitweb ArchServer Theme and can be found on our Git Repository. This is just a rough first draft, but it is already running on git.archserver.org.
Now we are going to support the guys from ArchServer.org a little more. Since we are already doing an ISO Image, we will now create the first ISO for ArchServer. This is a minor shift in our goals, since we will use this ISO then to distribute our own packages.
Today, I have written quite a lenghty text about competition and new thoughts of the ArchLinux Development Stack and the relation to the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). You can find this text on the project News page here.
A close relative bought a JP-S3 from Samsung. This is a so called MTP-Device. I do not have any Device with an Windows Media Player 10, which is needed to sync the this device. Therefore I browsed through the Internet and finally found libmtp. This is a library to sync devices through the Media Transfer protocol (a M$ specific protocol, I believe).
I have had a couple of problems with this, until I removed the usb_storeage Module from the module list as well as the ehci_hcd module. After I did this, the command
mtp-detect gives me a lot of information, after before the command just gave me, that the resource is busy.
The following commands are needed for the whole sync:
rmmod usb_storage (really important)
If you are really brave, you can sync your tracks, using
mtp-sendtr -t TRACKNAME -a AUTHOR -g GENRE -n TRACKNO -l CD-TITLE SOURCEFILE FOLDERNO_ON_DEVICE
mtp-sendtr sendtr -t "Burning Fire" -a "James Kelly" -g "Pop" -n 1 -l "Babylon" -y 2006 -b "Babylon" -/media/cd/001\ Burning\ Fire.mp3 32775
The number 32775 is the code for the folder and can be found out with
The application will ask for needed additional information.
Fortunately now I could call the gnomad2 tool and sync the stuff. The banshee-stuff did not work and just gave me the information, that the Resource is busy 🙁